Monday, 15 February 2016

Decision made, construction in progress!

Yes I have finally decided which patterns to make right now. I here's a picture of the patterns i have chosen.



 I am sewing currently making the Burda long pants pattern, Pattern A which is the pink pants
I am also making the Burda cartigan patter, Pattern B which is the brown cardigan.

I then took a loooooong time carting the actual pattern pieces. only to realise afterwards that I should've traced my pattern pieces on a separate piece of paper as I am currently trying to lose weight. Live and learn right.


I finiahed all the cutting on Thursday last week. Officially commenced construction of the pants pattern on Friday.


So many pieces!!!! I decided to make 2 pairs of these Burda pants. Using a water soluble marker to mark most of the sewing lines off the pattern not all... It's working out fine for now.


Here's my sewing space set up. I switched my Bernina Artista 200 sewing machine for my Pfaff Quilt Expression 2044 due to the dual feed feature as there is a lot of bulk to sew through I find the bottom feed is moving slightly faster on my Bernina. It's working great so far. My overlocker/serger has been working hard.

Hope you all are having a great start to your week. I will make more updates as my progress advances.
Thanks for reading.

Happy Sewing!





Monday, 8 February 2016

Decisions Decisions...

Hello you, *waving hand in greeting gesture*
In the past day or two I have been in small dilemma. As part of my 2016 projects, I decided to make 2 complete outfits which I intend to wear. I have bought several sewing patterns both physical and digital. Truth be told I have only managed to use like 2 patterns out of my many, many, MANY patterns which I have bought in the past several years, with high intentions to make them... well that rarely happened once the hype of purchasing these patterns subsided... I know shame on me. Although I have my reasons... one is I am a very very chubby guy who is on a very long weight loss journey (which might be story I will share one day) and my thought process of cutting out these patterns of a my current size now, I know I will need to essentially re-cut all the pieces again which does annoy me a little. But you know what I'm not going to worry about that. I'm going to focus on the present for now and my present situation which is to use as much as my fabric stash as possible so I can hopefully acquire a new overlocker/serger towards the end of 2016!

So here are some photos of me trying to decide the patterns to use and the fabric to use for my garments.





 My fabric stash takes two of those brown baskets, both are literally overflowing with fabric that needs to be made into something!

Anyhow once I have decided later today I will have a big cutting session, get that out of the way, and then I can start sewing, it's going to be fun!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I will bring updates of this project.
Happy sewing!


Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Finished T-shirt!

This t-shirt has taken a little longer than intended to finish but you know what... it's now finished.
And here it is!
The finished t-shirt
I have finished the raw side seams on the inside of the shirt with my overlocker/serger.
Just serging away.
And sewed a single turn hem on the bottom of the shirt with dark blue thread color.
single turn hem on bottom of shirt.
I did manage to try the shirt on after finishing it. The pattern came out well however the light weight knit fabric I chose is a little to thin. I will need to wear a black undershirt if I am to wear this.

By the way the shirt pattern is called Pete #BS-001 from Burda Styles website as a downloadable pattern.

Happy sewing!